This document provides an overview of the key SAP configurations required to enable automatic posting of inventory and valuation movements to the appropriate general ledger (G/L) accounts in SAP Material Management (MM). It focuses on the FI-MM integration and setup needed for inventory postings.
Key configuration steps reviewed under FI-MM integration are:
- Chart of Accounts – Defining the G/L account master data
- Valuation Areas – Setting up valuation level for plants/company codes
- Valuation Grouping Codes – Grouping plants with same account determination
- Valuation Classes – Linking G/L accounts to materials
- Account Groupings for Movement Types – Settings for movement type postings
- Automatic Posting Configurations – Mapping valuation classes to G/L accounts
- Movement Type Customization – Allowed transactions, account groupings etc.
- Examples – Posting inventory movements with standard and custom movement types
The document walks through configuration transactions like OBYC for linking valuation classes to G/L accounts, valuation area and grouping setup, and movement type settings. It provides examples of performing a standard 561 movement for initial stock postings as well as creating a custom movement type.